[TenTec] Service manuals revisited...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Service manuals revisited...
From: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk (patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 11:01:14 -0000 (GMT)

As I'm even further out in the boondocks than most, info on
re-aligning my elderly Omni-V would be very welcome. I have, or can
borrow excellent test gear, but its good to have some idea what to
adjust !! There is zero local technical support for TenTec; the
Japanese firms have the UK market stitched up.

I have hand carried my Hercules II 4000 miles back to Sevierville for
service, but that was a once in a lifetime trip, during a business
visit to the Nashville area. Besides, the Omni does not fit into hand
baggage like the Herc.

Incidentally, despite all the talk about airport security, only one
person (in Nashville) asked me to open the case with the Herc
inside ..... And then the only comment was "Wow". Thats roughly the
same noise I made when the TT guys managed to fix the linear
overnight and give it a good burn-in as well. It was still
smouldering when I called in to collect it. That is service !!

John G3JAG

E-Mail: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk