[TenTec] FILTER CHATTER

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FILTER CHATTER
From: wb4huc@texas.net (Michael A. Newell)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:46:36 -0600
Nine or ten years ago I purchased one of Joe Lunsford's
(N4YG) SmartFilters
and used it on my OMNI D. This filter will work for both SSB
and CW,
and was an outboard filter that was placed in line between
the rig and
speaker or headphones.

This thing is magical on cw. The bandwith is adjustable down
to about
100 hz, and really helped zero in on cw signals while
shutting out the
ones you don't want to hear.

As I start using my old Argosy more and more, I'll probably
take the
SmartFilter off the shelf and start using it again.

(Shameless Plug) - Joe was also responsible for the
SmartKeyer I and
II, and now has the SmartKeyer II available. I'm still using
my SmartKeyer
that I also bought from him 10 years or so ago. Information
about the
SmartKeyer III can be found at http://www.qsl.net/n4yg.

73,

Mike - WB4HUC