[TenTec] re: Pargon vs Paragon II & other stuff!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] re: Pargon vs Paragon II & other stuff!
From: ve7asr@islandnet.com (Rick Williams)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:34:18 -0800

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 00:25:47 -0500
From: "Bob Wilderman" <dlrwild1@voicenet.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon vs. Paragon II

>Would it make sense to purchase or swap these rigs for an
>ICOM 761 HF rig?

>73's
>Bob Wilderman
>K3SRO

Well Bob - I don't have a Pargon II BUT I did just sell an Icom 761
that was loaded with ALL the filters (except AM) and bought an Omni V,
Hercules II, power supply, and tuner.

I love the Omni receiver.  I miss SOME of the features of the 761 like
an RIT and an easier way to go through the memories.  However, there
are a bundle of bells and whistles I don't miss.  I always use my own
keyer.  I run an amp so I don't need the internal tuner.  I only used
6 or 7 memories.  I don't need a general coverage HF rig.  (If I need
AM on 3i metres I have my Yaesu FT-70 QRP rig).  And I prefer the
flexibility of an external supply.

All told I'm having lots of fun with the Omni and lots of support here
on the reflector, on the Sunday net and from the factory.

73,

Rick Williams
VE7ASR

email:  ve7asr@islandnet.com