[TenTec] Omni VI and RTTY filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI and RTTY filters
From: coates@oceana.net (Harry &Sara Coates)
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 14:24:35 -0500
Hi everyone,
I haven't checked the reflector today, but, I saw the RTTY
filter issues.
I use RITTY 3.05 with my OMNI VI/3. If you want to get good
M es S signals set the center freg to 1300 for the 218 es
288 filters, and 1500 for the 282, 285, and the fixed 2400hz
filters. It is still necessary to turn the PB a little
clockwise to get the best filter center, Between 1 and 2
o'clock works on mine. You will get fairly equal M es S
indications. The 217 and 219 filters center at 500hz. This
won't work with RTTY. You have to use the 216 for a center
freq of 2210. The problem I have with using 1300 or 1500hz
is my RTTY-1 won't work unless you use 2210. and I like
using this tuning aid.
The DSP NR still works FB. If you want more audio control
use a DSP unit.
Hope this isn't redundant and it helps.

'73,   Harry Coates     WA8HC

Ten Tec forever  es  RITTY too