[TenTec] My Scout does not fade

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] My Scout does not fade
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (rohre)
Date: 16 Mar 1999 23:34:02 -0600
My PTO still tunes fine, like a tight PTO should, the silkscreening is in
bright shape, even after 3 Field Days in the HOT sun of TX, and did not rub
off.  Mind you, I was concerned that any radio left out at Field Day could
have some rough handling, but the plug in band modules came thru fine.  We
have an icebox tray to hold unused ones while on a given band, and can change
them with one hand.  Just turn off power first!

The TT used demo list and this relector often have good buys on Scouts.

The Argo 556, is just a Scout without the final heat sink assembly. 5 watts
out from the driver stage.  And the QSK, is GREAT!

---Stuart K5KVH