[TenTec] Re:Ten-Tec tubes sound great

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re:Ten-Tec tubes sound great
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 06:49:50 -0500 (CDT)
I believe the Heathkit rig everybody's referring to was the HW-16. It
was made for the Novice market and was a combination crystal controlled
transmitter and receiver, built into one cabinet. It covered 80, 40 and
15 meters CW. An optional VFO was available (VF-10?)if the novice
wanted to use the rig later when he/she upgraded. Those were the days
when novices were limited to 75 watts crystal controlled.

The same VFO also worked with the DX-60 and many novices purchased the
DX-60 and its companion receiver HR-10, and later added the VFO.

I hope this sheds some light on the discussion.

73,  Winston K4CWQ