[TenTec] Model 243 VFO and Omni D question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 243 VFO and Omni D question
From: jreber@sisna.com (Jason Reber)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:28:37 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BE8B4A.D7669E60

Hello Ten Tec Gurus-  I purchased an Omni D, 252 power supply, and a =
model 243 VFO in January, and can gladly say it's been an excellent =
station thus far. One strange thing I noticed about the 243 is that the =
linear tuning indicator is missing, and I'm not sure it was ever =
installed. When the VFO is operated in a mode where it is providing the =
receive frequency, the VFO's frequency is displayed on the Omni D's =
freq. readout. Was there a special option or something similar offered =
by Ten Tec such that when a 243 VFO was sold with an Omni D, the analog =
tuning indicator was removed, or should I assume the previous owner =
removed the string and indicator?  Unfortunately, the previous owner is =
a silent key, so I can't ask him- I bought the rig through QTH.com from =
his widow.  At any rate, it is no problem to read the freq. off of the =
Omni's display- I am just curious about this.
=20
Also, does anyone know of a good source for fiberglass tubing? I want to =
build a cubicle quad, and can't seem to find a priceworthy source for =
fiberglass tubing. ANY input here would be very appreciated.
=20
Many Thanks,
Jason    KA7UAM

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BE8B4A.D7669E60

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hello Ten Tec Gurus-&nbsp; I purchased an Omni D, =
252 power=20
supply, and a model 243 VFO in January, and can gladly say it's been an=20
excellent station thus far. One strange thing I noticed about the 243 is =
that=20
the linear tuning indicator is missing, and I'm not sure it was ever =
installed.=20
When the VFO is operated in a mode where it is providing the receive =
frequency,=20
the VFO's frequency is displayed on the Omni D's freq. readout. Was =
there a=20
special option or something similar offered by Ten Tec such that when a =
243 VFO=20
was sold with an Omni D, the analog tuning indicator was removed, or =
should I=20
assume the previous owner removed the string and indicator?&nbsp; =
Unfortunately,=20
the previous owner is a silent key, so I can't ask him- I bought the rig =
through=20
QTH.com from his widow.&nbsp; At any rate, it is no problem to read the =
freq.=20
off of the Omni's display- I am just curious about this.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Also, does anyone know of a good source for =
fiberglass tubing?=20
I want to build a cubicle quad, and can't seem to find a priceworthy =
source for=20
fiberglass tubing. ANY input here would be very =
appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Many Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Jason&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
KA7UAM</FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BE8B4A.D7669E60--