[TenTec] I dont get it.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] I dont get it.
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:13:17 -0400
That's correct and the radio would act as the ground conductor when you
start your engine, pumping 300 amps through your little rig.

I've got a 97 Ford Ranger which has a 30 amp dc power/cigar lighter type
outlet on the dash. I put a cigar lighter plug on my IC-706's pwr cable,
plug it into the outlet and run a full 100w with no noise problems. Thank's
Ford.