[TenTec] "LEST WE FORGET"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "LEST WE FORGET"
From: pcuellar@bright.net (Phil Cuellar)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 21:18:59 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: M.Pender <steam@megsinet.net>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, April 30, 1999 8:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "LEST WE FORGET"

[snip]

>    I consider $2600 outrageous for an antique that's the size of a 50's
> hi-fi and has to be bought factory direct, thus not supporting any
> local ham shops. ($1500 would put it more in the ballpark.)

Funny, I kinda like rigs where I don't need to cycle through 27 different
menus to get it to do what I want it to... Thus having a large control panel
with lots of buttons and knobs is better.....The little Jap micro-HF rigs
are impressive for the size and great for mobiles, but in my opinion, the
operation would get tedious after a while.

As for the "local ham shops"...How close is the "local" shop to you? Most
are going regional and relying on mail order for profits. Likely as not, a
person walking in is ignored until he starts looking at the expensive
merchandise.

>    I think dodge should market a new '93 Caravan factory direct
> for $45,000, and you have to purchase it sight unseen to try it
> out. (money back guarantee, you pay shipping both ways, of course.
> translates into $50 just to try it and puts the burden on you to return
> it.)

Did you expect TT to give you a rig to play with for free, until you get
bored with it? Get in the real world.

Phil - KB8TRK