[TenTec] And Another Thing!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] And Another Thing!
From: bahr521@earthlink.net (Lee Bahr)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 22:36:32 -0500
I just thought about something else that is hurting sales for a company
like TenTec.  That is, MANY MANY new hams do not belong to the ARRL or
get ham magazines.  All they see and hear at local ham stores and ham
fests is stuff on foreign gear. So, ads in ham magazines don't help
companies like TenTec as much as we and they would like. These hams
don't see the ads.  This is even more the reason we get out and spread
the word to the rest of the ham community about gear like TenTec. New
hams need to see the alternatives to foreign gear. They are not getting
this input now.  Maybe TenTec could offer clubs a club discount or club
donation on purchases created by a club talk or demonstration on their
gear. My idea needs refinement.  Sure it would cost TenTec something but
ads in print not read cost something too.  What is important to them is
increased revenues, not increased costs, or redirected advertising
dollars. We need TenTec gear at Field Day sites.  Lee Bahr  w0vt