[TenTec] One More Thing

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] One More Thing
From: bahr521@earthlink.net (Lee Bahr)
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 12:35:45 -0500
Every foreign big three manufacturer has been abusive to me at one time
or another, in my estimation. One much more so than the other.  Their
name starts with K. On the other hand, Ten-Tec has always gone out of
their way to help me.  Guess what?  My money will be spent at Ten-Tec.
It's my money and I'm the boss and I'll spend it where I want to spend
it. The big three might have one the arguement, but I won the war.  You
say other rigs have more features?  Well guess what, Ten-Tec has all the
feature I want and the rice boxes get the good stuff lost in their maze
of truth tables and menus.  If menus and buttons are where it is at, why
are so many people collecting old Collins, Drake, etc. rigs?  Why are
the Japanese hams collecting old American ham gear.  Why do people
collect and drive old cars?  It's because these things make them feel
good.  This is a hobby and Ten-Tec makes my blood pressure go down. I
want my hobby to help uncompicate my life.  You almost have got to go to
school to run one of their radios.  Besides, Ten-Tec manuals write in
English I can understand. The big three stuff comes with a manual the
size of a telephone book and only 10% is in English.  Next to my wife,
kids, and dogs, I love my Ten-tec.  The big three make my blood boil.
Why are Ten-Tec enthusiasts almost cultlike?  Because Ten-Tec treats you
like you want to be treated.  That's good enough for me.  Lee Bahr  w0vt