[TenTec] Corsair/Sputnik??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair/Sputnik??
From: JimN0OCT@aol.com (JimN0OCT@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 12:06:59 EDT
Hi TT Fans,

After tuning around and listening to the OK emergency net on 3.900 MHz the
other night,  I did some other listening at 3.858 MHz.  When I went to shut
the rig down, I unplugged the antenna first, and was presented with a beeping
sound that ran at about 300 beeps per minute.  Couldn't find it on any other
rig in the house, just the Corsair1.  A friend who also has a Corsair 1
reported he has it too.  Do Corsair 2's do this?

Is this a mixing product of the PLL?  Or am I receiving Sputnik on a long
delayed echo [say, 41 years a couple of months]??  Are the Russians coming?
Is this the countdown timer to Y2K when my rig malfunctions?

That last comment was meant as a joke.  I know that the Corsair 1 will have
*no* Y2K problems, because my power will be out on 01/01/2000 and the new
millenium doesn't start until 2001 anyway........%^)

73, Jim NØOCT