[TenTec] Re:2591 HT mods

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re:2591 HT mods
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 20:44:43 -0500 (CDT)
I posted a request on this reflector two days ago seeking info on an
old Model 2591 Ten-Tec HT I had recently bought. I needed a frequency
chart to know how to set the dip switches on the accessory subaudible
tone encoder and how to make the radio modification needed to make the
encoder work.

I talked with Don Proudy at Ten-Tec service. He faxed me a diagram on
how to make the modification to the radio and also sent the frequency
chart. Everything works like a charm!

I love that Ten-Tec service!! I will never buy anything but Ten-Tec ham
products (if they make what I'm seeking). Too bad they quit making HTs,
but I'll hang onto this 2591 as long as it works. Also my Scout,
Corsair, Triton IV, T-kits, etc., etc.

73, Winston K4CWQ