[TenTec] Computer controled radios

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Computer controled radios
From: n5wrx@mindspring.com (William Lee)
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 18:39:09 -0500
Dern Eli, sounds like a very business like approach to Amateur Radio. I do
use a computer to log, generate contact cards, and track awards but not
automaticaly. Computers work great for that. I just dont see computer
control being great advantage for most hams. It seems more like radio
manufactures are trying anything to sell new radios. They seem to have ran
out of bells and whistles on their current line of products and the radios
are just about as good as modern technology can make them. I guess a totaly
new way to control the same old radios is the next logical bell or whistle
depending on how you classify it.

William Lee   N5WRX