[TenTec] Ten-Tec 6N2 Rig

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 6N2 Rig
From: pinskeep@iglou.com (Peter Inskeep)
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 19:04:20 -0400
All,
I managed to scan in the front and back of the page on the 6N2
multi-mode that Ten-Tec distributed at Dayton.
It is not a big file, so I am going to reprint it below.  I am going
to try to do the same thing with the Pegasus.  Stop me if this is
trashing the reflector.
Both sides of the data sheet are as follows:

New from Ten-Tec

6N2

ALL MODE VHF TRANSCEIVER

Real innovation in an all mode VHF transceiver was long overdue! For
years now, there were no affordable choices either for the new ham who
wanted only six and two meters or the experienced ham who already
owned several perfectly good HF rigs and didn't need another one just
to get six and two all mode. TEN-TEC decided to do something about it
and is proud to introduce the new 6N2.

This is the best time in a decade to get on six meters. The sunspot
cycle will deliver predictable F-layer propagation for the next 2-3
years and pundits predict the band will be the hottest its been since
the 1950s. Six meters also has a virtual monopoly on E-skip
propagation letting you work stations 1000s of miles away with a few
watts output and simple antennas. The popularity of HF/VHF combination
rigs has put more folks on both six and two meter SSB than at any time
in the history of amateur radio. There couldn't be a better time to
have a 6N2 and join in the fun.

The 6N2 is amateur radio's first IF-DSP design in an all mode VHF
transceiver. TEN-TEC's DSP expertise brings all the benefits of DSP
down to a price the average ham can afford. Look what the 6N2 does for
you:

· FM, SSB and CW operation on both six and two meters.

· 30 IF-DSP filters built-in! Instantly select the best one for band
conditions at the twist of a knob. 200-1000 Hz filters in 50 Hz steps,
1000-2800 Hz in 100 Hz steps. One could only dream of such performance
before IF-DSP made it possible.

· Doubles as your main FM rig, in the shack or mobile

· Leave antennas for both bands connected at all times. 6N2 knows
which antenna to use.

· 2O watts output on each band

· Drives microwave transverters

The 6N2 gladly does double duty as your main 2 meter FM rig. Standard
repeater splits for either band. Odd splits are easy, too. 100
memories keeps those FM repeaters handy. Memories also retain band,
mode, split and even CTCSS tones! Both Memory Scan and Band Scan are
at your fingertips, including Memory Lockout to skip over busy
channels.

Wish to run linears on each band? Separate keying lines are provided
so 6N2 automatically keys only the one for the selected band. Output
power is variable from 20 watts down to 1 watt at the front panel.
You'll transmit the exact drive needed by your linear, monitored by
the built-in front panel wattmeter. No other VHF transceiver is this
versatile.

Microwave enthusiasts can drive transverters from the special low
level output on 2 meters. Rear panel switch provided to minimize
"cable swap" for multiple bands. Several more features round out this
all mode rig: Dual VFO's with SPLIT mode, all mode squelch, RIT, and
for the weak signal CW enthusiasts, TEN-TEC's legendary, silky smooth
QSK.

Until now, multiband all mode VHF transceivers were priced out of
reach. TEN-TEC's new 6N2 delivers both the benefits and tremendous
cost savings of IF-DSP to every ham.

*AVAILABLE- FALL 1999

PRICED UNDER $800

@@@@@ End of page 1 @@@@@
@@@@@ Start of page 2 @@@@@

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS

MODES: LSB, USB, CW, FM
FREQUENCY RANGE: 50-54 MHz, 144-148 MHZ
DISPLAY: 7 segment LEDs for main and secondary
DUAL VFOs with SPLIT mode
OFFSET TUNING: +/- 10 KHz receive
FM REPEATER OFFSETS: standard for 6m and 2m. Programmable for odd
splits
CTCSS: built-in, encode only
MEMORIES: 100
ANTENNA: 50 ohms unbalanced, separate SO-239 output connectors for 6m
and 2m
POWER REQUIRED: 1A receive, 6A transmit @ 12-14 VDC
CONSTRUCTION: 3 epoxy glass PC boards, molded front panel, aluminum
chassis, texture painted steel top and bottom
DIMENSIONS: HWD 2.75" x 8.5" x 8.75" (7 x 21.6 x 22.2 cm)

TRANSMITTER

RF OUTPUT: 1-20 watts, ALC stabilized
MICROPHONE INPUT: 200 to 50k ohms. 4 pin, front panel connector
accepts microphones with 5 mv (-67 dB) output. Polarizing voltage
provided for electrets.
T/R SWITCHING: PTT on SSB, QSK on CW
FM DEVIATION: +/- 5 KHz
METERING: forward power
SSB GENERATION: DSP generated

RECEIVER

SENSITIVITY: .15 uv typical for 10 dB S+N/N @ 2.4 kHz bandwidth, SSB
mode
SELECTIVITY: 30 filters built-in; 200-1000 Hz in 50 Hz steps,
1000-2800 Hz in 100 Hz steps. All 1.5:1 shape factor or better.
NOISE FIGURE: 7 dB
S-METER: Calibrated to 50 uv at S-9
I-F FREQUENCIES: 1st I-F 45 MHz, 2nd I-F 450 kHz, 3rd I-F 14.5 kHz

TEN-TEC, INC.
1185 Dolly Parton Parkway
Sevierville, TN 37862

World Wide Web: www.tentec.com
E-mail: sales@tentec.com

Phone 423-453-7172
Fax 423-428-4483
Order Toll-Free 800-833-7373

@@@@@ End of Page 2.  @@@@@ End of data sheet @@@@@
Scanned by NO2D.  Hopefully, I am not violating any prohibition
against copying the page
by Ten-Tec.  Pete, NO2D.   Pewee Valley, KY.