[TenTec] Found in the Dayton Fleamarket...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Found in the Dayton Fleamarket...
From: prvalko@oakland.edu (Paul R. Valko)
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 00:37:40 -0400 (EDT)

At 8:05am on Friday morning, I found myself walking through the fleamarket
over by the big multi-vendor tent.

Lucky Me!  I had a "FLEAMARKET" pass and got in there to walk around at
7am.

As I slowly strolled through a far back corner, I glanced into a fellows
station wagon.

I blinked.

I blinked again, hard.

I reached into my wallet and pulled out some greenbacks.

The guys that owned the space were buzzing about the first sale of the
day... what did he want?  What's he buying?

With total silence, as to not possibly wake me up - should it only be a
dream - I reached into the cluttered station wagon, and pulled out... a
Ten*Tec Model 200 VFO.

Thus completing the collection of Ten*Tec's 1973 forray into the
Novice-Class station equipment.  A model RX-10 receiver, a model TX-100 (a
TUBE-based transmitter) and the Model 200, the external VFO for the
TX-100.

Less than one hour after walking into the flea-market, another Holy Grail,
found.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics
<http://www.acs.oakland.edu/~prvalko>