[TenTec] Internet remote Pegasus?!!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Internet remote Pegasus?!!
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 23:45:04 EDT
In a message dated 5/17/99 7:23:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
steam@megsinet.net writes:

<< Think if many clubs and/or hams
 set up a remote hf rig available over the internet.
 Wouldn't have to be full time. A guy could log the rig
 on the internet to make it available for a few hours
 each day or night. The times of availability could be
 posted for users. The connect and disconnect
 could even be automatic. Hmmmmmmm. :-) >>

Hmmmmm:  Why bother with rig, just use internet? No "need" for antennas,
radios, last two letters, nets, lists, PHO net, heck you can let computer
"work" DXCC in milliseconds. No need for license, pick your own call. I
hereby claim rights to the first single letter call in universe - "A" (Eh? or
Alfa).
        For those old fashioned OFs, who use old fashioned radios, or remoted
clubs, please test your skills in WPX CW and see if you can work VA1A on 160m
in his feeble effort trying to conquer 160m world record. This old fashioned
contest nut will drive 1000 miles NE to NS and call endless CQs on a noisy
empty band in hope to bring the glory to NA, before computers take over us
completely.
        Now if I can set up remoted, internitted rigs on each continent, that
would be a different story. I wouldn't have to travel and maybe I can even
beat the 30 kW (Italian 300W) Lampedusa operations. Just need fast connection
to CQWWW.QRZ.COM and see how fast I can "work" all hams in the world. Eh?
        Last chance to obtain the paper QSL card with picture of horse
pulled, on the ice, first airplane (in Canada and British Empire), Silver
Dart. VA1A celebrates 90th anniversary of the first flight of Silver Dart in
Baddeck, NS. Omni VI and Omni C will be used and evaluated alongside IC781,
to determine contest worthiness of TT radios with knobs.
See y'all in the noise!

Yuri, K3BU, VE3BMV, VE1BY, P40A, A
One of Tesla RC Sparks: N2EE, NT1E, VA1A