[TenTec] Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus
From: smann@advi.net (Steve)
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 16:48:56 -0400
The radio sounds fine.  I've been dealing with TenTec since about 1972
and have great respect for the company and its products.

What concerns me is the computer driving it.  I expect that there will
be bugs to work out in individual situations.  Depending on
programs/routines that are running on the  computer and the particular
pieces of hardware in that computer there could be confilcts with the
program operating the Pegasus.

For example, I have a parallel port scanner and an HP printer on
separate parallel ports.  When I operate the scanner the printer prints
a sheet with one tiny arrow in one corner.  I solved the problem by
turning the power to the printer off when the scanner is in operation.

I expect that the developers of TenTec's GUI have tried to prevent this
type of thing, but suprises still might occur.

Steve, N4EY