[TenTec] Loads of Fun with a Scout!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Loads of Fun with a Scout!
From: popyackl@rl.af.mil (Leonard J Popyack)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 11:11:38 -0400
Greetings everyone! I have been having a terrific time with my Scout 555
working DX every evening. Most of it is on 20 Meter CW. No voice qso (I
lost the mic years ago).  50 Watts into a 20 meter loop is working wonders!

Does anyone notice that if the power supply to the scout drops to about 11
volts, the bottom 20 Khz of 20 meters results in very little power out?
Bump up the supply to 13.5 and all is well again.  I use solar power for
charging a battery, and I experienced this recently. Is this common?

A solar powered Scout into a loop is one heck of a lot of fun. Watch out
Buro for pile of cards!

Len WF2V