[TenTec] speaker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] speaker
From: cburk001@juno.com (charles w burkhardt)
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:07:18 -0500
Gentlemen: As  most of you suggested I bought a MFJ 281 speaker ($9.95
plus shipping) to use with my Omni V.  It does require either a plug to
convert their 1/8 " plug to a  1/4" mono phono plug,  or it's a simple
matter to solder on a 1/4" plug.  I just put it on top of the rig
(padded) and it works fine on CW-sounds roughly the same as my earphones.
  It's a definite improvement  over the 961 ps speaker.The improvement on
SSB (yeah I had to listen) ,  is even more  noticeable. This  was a good
choice for me. I see no reason at this time to enclose it, but this may
offer some improvement. For those of you who like a deep thump   on their
CW, the suggestion of using the audio output jack on the rear of the
rig-through an amp to  a large speaker may be the way to go.  Many thanks
to all those who replied- as usual with this group- rapid and workable
solutions to problems. Charlie K0GPF

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]