[TenTec] Filter Choice

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Filter Choice
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 18:45:53 -0700 (PDT)
Appreciate your filter experiences Greg!  Wow, isn't
it great to have so many choices!!!

I just wanted to add a comment about the 2.8 filters.
I don't quite follow your comment about this filter
being proposed to cure a problem that "some rigs"
exhibited.  I found the SSB receive audio in my
"stock" Omni 6 (opt 3) a bit "harsh" to listen to over
long periods of time.  If you don't experience this
with your Omni, then read no further.  I installed the
2.8 filters and found a dramatic improvement in the
"listenability" of SSB audio - it is much smoother and
easy to listen to for hours at a time.

And to respond to your point about our crowded bands -
yes, but that is why the Omni is so fantastic - in
addition to both 2.8 filters, I can install a 10 pole
2.4khz filter in the 9Mhz if and a 1.8khz filter in
the 6.3Mhz if and have 3 slots to spare for cw
filters.  The best of both worlds, and I wouldn't call
the use of the 2.8 filters counter-productive at all.

73,
Barry  N1EU