[TenTec] Power-up problem, Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Power-up problem, Omni VI
From: pklein@2alpha.net (Peter A. Klein)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 14:17:53 -0700
My Omni VI (w/Option One upgrade) has developed an occasional hiccup when I
power it up.  When I turn on the rig, sometimes I hear an immediate buzzing
sound (instead of the normal delay followed by a single click). This
usually stops in a fraction of a second.  Occasionally, the result of this
is that the display illuminates at a lower intensity than usual, and once,
my band-stacking registers and memories got scrambled and I had to do a
hard reset.

I always turn on the power supply first and wait a few seconds before
turning on the rig.

Any idea what might be causing this and what I can do about it?

73 from KD7MW,

--- Peter