[TenTec] Re: How's the New Vibro...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: How's the New Vibro...
From: kr4wm@bigfoot.com (Web Williams)
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 08:08:00 -0400
I had two vibroplex keyers that hung on my wall for severalyears, and I finally
sold them. Both were old and in need of
repair, which I never got to. I had both of them working
with "patches", and found it extremely difficult to get them
adjusted to 5-8 WPM. (Bear in mind that I was a new novice
and trying to build my code speed when I did this.) I finally
stuck a clothspin on the end of the bar, and that slowed 'em
down enough where I could use both keys without damaging
them.

I think Vibroplex would benefit if they would introduce a
bug that would slow down to 3-5 WPM with a high speed
of 13-15 WPM. Then they could break-in (pardon the pun) a
"new" customer base, who would upgrade their vibroplexes
along the way to more "standard" higher speed bugs. Or
perhaps "upgrade" the keys with different parts?

Just a thought, 73 all, -Web Williams in Myrtle Beach, SC

P.S. I bought my new Vibroplex Brass Racer for $57 at the
Charlotte hamfest from a dealer in 1985. Have they gone
up that much?