[TenTec] "Disguising" Omni VI to look like a "PLUS"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "Disguising" Omni VI to look like a "PLUS"
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 19:04:37 -0400
How is this any different from the concealment of a simple modification that
was conducted on the radio?  In both instances, the ham is dead and nobody
knows about the change.  Used radios are sold all the time.  Used and
modified radios are sold all the time.  Caveat Emptor.

It's absurd to argue that the addition of a simple stencil to a radio that
the factory touts as the equivalent of an Omni Six Plus after their own
modification is fraudulent.  When I sent my Omni Six to the factory for an
option 3 upgrade, I was expecting, in reliance of their claims,......an Omni
Six Plus upon its return home.  This is exactly what I received, less the
stencil on the front panel.

-Paul, W9AC