[TenTec] FD 99

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FD 99
From: k0avw@juno.com (Eric N Boe)
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 17:12:46 -0700
Well, here's the results of my TenTec-only field day:

555 Scout on 20m SSB / Lakeview Hamstick mobile antenna
1220 2m FM (low power) / J-pole antenna
4 hours operating from home QTH in Long Beach, CA
15 QSO's on 20m, ranging over CA, IA, NH, BC, PA, GA, AZ, IN
1 QSO on 2m (local, of course)
Not too bad for 50W and a mobile antenna!

Other observations:
The Scout is a bit deafer than the other two rigs in the shack (a 706 and
a 920), but this works well when one is power- and antenna-limited.
Better balance of "if you can hear it, you can work it."  I'm thinking
that the Pegasus with the extra 3dB of ERP will be just about right
balance of transmit and receive.  The Pegasus will also have badly-needed
filtering which I was coveting.
As far as QSO-generation rate, this setup matched the 4 QSO's per hour of
last year (with the 706).

Hope you all had as much fun as I did.

Eric K0AVW