[TenTec] TT FD setups

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT FD setups
From: w8au@sssnet.com (w8au@sssnet.com)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:05:57 -0400
>Any particular reason for avoiding (or not mentioning) the model 540 (analog
>version)?
>Just curious.
>
>Alan W3/ V31FA
>Rockville, MD

Alan:

The 540 is surely as nice, and 20 years ago I used to take my 540 to FD and
use it at the CW position.  However, if you want to "go easy" on any
possible level of operator, especially newer ones, you will have to concede
that an analog dial might confuse some these days.

They DO need to find out the finer points of operating, including how to
read an analog dial, but NOT during FD!  <grin>

Perry  w8au