[TenTec] KC-500-DC Amp for Sale

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] KC-500-DC Amp for Sale
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:34:36 -0500
Hi:

I have a Kachina KC-500-DC solid state amplifier for sale.  This amp is
basically a Ten Tec Herc II built for Kachina by Ten Tec..  It has a
Kachina Label on it and covers the following band segments:  2.0 to 3.0
(covers 160), 3.0 to 5.0, 5.0 to 8.0, 8.0 to 13.0, 13.0 to 20.0 and 20.0
to 30.0 mhz.

The front panel has the following:  Meter switch (FWD power, Ref power,
IC and Vcc), On/Off switch, Relay/QSK switch and led power output
meter.  I've hooked up my 1000mp to the rig and the qsk is very smooth.

With two 6v golf cart batteries, I get 550 watts out on 160 through 15
and 500 watts on 10.

Differences from the Herc II:

    The Kachina amp does not have a front panel band switch.
    The Kachina requires a GROUND sink to change bands where the Herc II
requires a
    12v signal to change bands.
    No front panel speaker

Other than that they are basically identical.  I would think one could
build an interface box with relays so the rig would work with a Ten Tec
rig.  A quick call to Ten Tec would probably confirm this.

The amp is in mint condition and I'm the original owner (for about a
year now).  I've been using it in my remoted controlled station which is
mainly for dxing.  I've been using a tube amp for contesting.  You can
see a picture of the amp at my home page at the url below my signature
line.  The meter is not very visible because at the time the bulb's were
out, I've since replaced them. Click on 'Remote Location'.

Reason for selling, just ordered an Acom 2000a 1500 watt autotune amp.

$850 plus shipping, firm.

Richard Thorne - N5ZC (EX. KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
Amarillo, TX
http://www.tcac.net/~rthorne/