[TenTec] Scout module problem?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout module problem?
From: JBeamer@PanAmSat.com (Beamer, Jay)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:59:47 -0400
Hello Bill,

Yes, I do have a suggestion, and worked fine when I had problems with a
couple modules. It is essential that the module, when pushed in, is flush
with the front panel of the radio. Sometimes this is quite difficult. Look
at the sockets on the module itself. There are a couple of jacks, for lack
of a better description, on the module. Take an xacto knife and run it
around the inside edge of those plastic jacks, just shaving off a small
amount of plastic, then try it in the Scout. Keep shaving small amounts and
trying the module in the Scout until you get a nice fit. That should take
care of the problem.

73,

Jay/KM6VX