[TenTec] The INRAD #757 is Here!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The INRAD #757 is Here!
From: DHHDEH@concentric.net (David H. Hammond)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 11:29:57 +0000
Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to report that George and Georgia at INRAD have done it again for
us TT SSB fans.

Yesterday I received the new #757 10 pole 6.3 MHz filter for my Omni VI and it
complements the #756 filter I already put in this radio beautifully.

I spent most of yesterday and this morning running it against the stock 6.3
Mhz 2.4 SSB Filter which I put into the 1.8 slot for the time being and it
outperforms the stock filter measurably. Side by side you can hear the skirt
differences between the 8 and 10 pole units.  Noticeably sharper selectivity
with the PBT function without reduction in audio fidelity.  So the 10 pole
pair for SSB in the 2 IF stages are quite a combo and if you are an extremist
like me add another #756 in the NAR 1 position you end up with 30 poles of
filtering at 2.4 Khz bandwidth with a 1.4 to 1 shape factor (or better when
you factor in the cascading effect).  There is no other rig around with that
kind of selectivity potential for SSB. And the USB/LSB symmetry problem is
gone to boot.

Congratulations to INRAD for this new product and allowing us TT fans some
exciting options for filtering. They are one heck of a resource.

All that is needed now is a filter switching board to allow toggling of the
2.4 and 2.8 filters in the stock 9 Mhz RX/TX slot...;-)...  Let's see #756 or
#754, which shall it be?... I can dream can't I?

Look for you all on the TT Users Net later today.

73 de N1LQ-Dave