[TenTec] OMNI VI+ Rx "Noise"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ Rx "Noise"
From: zl1mh@xtra.co.nz (Mike Hutchins)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:04:12 +1200
Am not sure if this problem is the same one that exist(ed) in some of
the 'straight 6s' (mine included), which, at mainly the wider filter
widths and at other than slow tuning rates, had the bands (mainly 10m in
my case) sound full of signals when, in fact, very few signals were
present.
Anyway, David Lewin, G4PKT, along with G4HRY, produced a replacement
product detector, which was a pretty easy fit (as a single daughter
board) onto the existing IF/AF board #81602, and which cleaned up my
OMNI VI Rx very impressively.
I don't have an email address for David, but his actual mail QTH is as
follows,
D. S. Lewin,
14a, Warwick New Road,
Leamington Spa,
Warwickshire, CV32 5JG,
England.

Don't know if he still produces the boards, but am sure he would, at
least, respond to a query (usual SASE, I guess). He only did it as a
hobby thing I believe, and, as far as I know, no warranties were
affected.

Maybe a 'G' on the list could check direct with David - in case he gets
swamped with calls - in the latter case he'll have to blame me and I'm
at a fairly safe distance!

73, Mike, ZL1MH.