FW: [TenTec] Omni VI plus - noise

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [TenTec] Omni VI plus - noise
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (rohre)
Date: 22 Jul 1999 15:03:44 -0500
OF Course!  Thanks to Gerald for correcting the concept. I just mis-stated
saying coupling cap when I meant that a simple filter of the audio pass band
should take care of out of band products.  One only needs to hear the tones
around common CW BFO frequencies, and for voice roughly 300 to 3000 Hz.  A
BYPASS cap might be sufficient on the audio.  If you had a singular frequency
of his, you could put a twin tee RC network, (two R's, two C's) in the audio
feedback path, and create a notch at the hiss frequency.

Stuart
K5KVH