[TenTec] TenTec & Ragosy Questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec & Ragosy Questions
From: jesser@amtelcom.com (Jim Esser)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:47:40 -0500
I have an Argosy II that I think the world of.  I would probably part with
my brand new IC-706MkIIG before I'd give up the old Argosy.

However, I do have a couple of questions.
1.      Some time back I ran across the TenTec user's net. (14275 @ 2000Z on
Sundays, I think)  I listened some & checked in a few times.  Then the net
was gone, replaced by the on-the-air HAM magazine.  Is the net still on
somewhere?  And, if so, where and when?
2.      The Argosy's band switch is real imprecise   ---  feels like it is
stuffed full of wet cotton wads.  TenTec says that the switches are
lubricated for life and tuner cleaners shouldn't be used.  What's the scoop?
Is there any way to clean and lube it?