[TenTec] Omni vi+ optical encoder

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni vi+ optical encoder
From: k4beh@juno.com (k4beh@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:17:05 -0400
Hi TenTekkies,

I haven't sent a rig in for any repair that would have required removal
of the front panel/encoder, but I had to replace the encoder on either my
Delta II or Paragon several years ago and I seem to recall a similar
problem that turned out to be due to the knob fitting closer to the front
panel because I didn't have as many threads showing in front of the front
mounting nut; in other words the new encoder shaft didn't extend out as
far causing the knob to be back farther and creating more drag.  I'm sure
they have to disassemble the front to put on the new keypads during the
option 3 upgrade.  Probably the technician just likes more drag than you
do.  You can adjust the drag without removing the knob by holding the
silver outer ring stationary and turning the rubber "grip"  CW or CCW.

73,

Pat-K4BEH

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
>>Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 16:11:44 -0400
>>

>>There's a local here with a 6+. His encoder feels rather stiff in
>spite of
>>adjustments but the ones I spun at Dayton felt smooth and easy to
>turn. Who
>>knows why?
>>Steve N4LQ

Get free e-mail you don't need Web access to use --
Or get full, reliable Internet access from Juno Web!
Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.