[TenTec] Re: TenTec] Some Rig Comparisons

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: TenTec] Some Rig Comparisons
From: willee@interconnect.net (William Lee)
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 20:23:35 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: William Lee <willee@interconnect.net>
To: Jim Reid <jreid@aloha.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 1999 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Some Rig Comparisons

 Hey Jim, Tune them up on 14.336 sometime. There you will find signals of
all
strengths. From nothing to S-9. That is where I spend most of my time
hunting counties for a USA-CA award. My  little Triton IV is the radio of
choice for me due to the same reasons you stated. You did forget to mention
the super noise blanker that is available for it.  With my 3el 20m beam
sometimes the background noise fades away to nothing and all that is left is
the pure SSB signals. Almost like FM at times. Hearing those weak mobiles in
the counties you need is the trick to this game. Net control will tell you
who and where they are but you have to exchange the signal reports for the
contact to count. That Triton IV will really pick the weak ones out of the
noise. The selectivity of the Triton aint much to speak of and it wouldnt
make a very good mobile rig but for me it is doing the job better as a base
radio than others costing three or four times as much.

I wonder if the Scout has the same such characteristics....

William Lee  N5WRX