[TenTec] 5 pin DIN cable wiring

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 5 pin DIN cable wiring
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 08:13:54 -0400
W5QJ writes:
[Pegasus]
>The color coding of the accessory DIN plug cable however, does not agree
with the >manual. The correct pin out is as follows:

>Pin 3 - PTT - Black RCA jack
>Pin 1 - Audio In - White RCA jack
>Pin 4 - Audio Out - Yellow RCA jack
>Pin 5 - N/C - Red RCA jack
>Pin 2 - Ground

This is correct.  We are providing a pre-wired 5 pin DIN to phono female cord
with the Pegasus for digital mode use.  The sample we got from our vendor had
the connectors wired differently, which we diligently copied into the manual.
The cable arrived the morning we started shipping the Pegasus.  We did not
realize the actual cables were wired differently from the samples until
a new Pegasus owner called to inquire about it a couple of days after we
began shipments.  Ugh.  We'll make a manual correction in the next edition
to reflect the new wiring of the cable.  Sorry in advance for any confusion,
and thanks for all the comments from those of you who have the radio already.

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (423) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (423) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (423) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

  --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales
  and general product info only.  We presently do not offer
  repair, parts, or kit building tech support by electronic mail,
  please telephone (423) 428-0364 or (423) 453-7172.

  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and com-
  mercial use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel
  enclosures and has an on-premises, fully equipped tool and die
  facility supplying metal and plastic injection mold industries.
  Potential tool and die, custom enclosure or communications
  electronics customer?  Contact us with your needs.