[TenTec] Static discharge and dead grass

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Static discharge and dead grass
From: mitch96@pobox.com (The One and Only!)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 07:13:11 -0400
Hi Guys,
Here in Florida, everything grows when it rains. Wanted or not. So the
question is, how come my grass is dead where my ground rods are buried?
The Gap vertical antenna is connected to the ground plane when not
hooked up to the rig.
Could the static discharge that is being bled through the antenna to
ground kill the grass??? Do i have a "automatic edge trimmer" in the
works here???
inquiring minds want to know.............
--
73, mitch ww4ml
now im just lost.......