[TenTec] Re: Omni and Delta

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Omni and Delta
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (winjones@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 06:58:01 -0500 (CDT)
I just wanted to add something to the comments about the differences between
the Omni D and Delta.

I don't own an Omni D but I'm familiar with its features. I do have a Delta
580. The Delta was Ten-Tec's first rig designed for the WARC bands. The Omni
C was sort of a retrofit onto the older Omni-D.

The Delta doesn't have as many features as the Omni. It does have a notch
filter. It doesn't automatically select the right sideband. You have to
manually flip a switch between upper and lower. It does have most of the
other well-known Ten-Tec features: QSK keying, built-in SWR meter, superb
audio. It does not have a resonate control as did the Tritons and Omnis.

The Delta power is about 100 watts out rather than 50, as somebody else
stated. It uses the MRF-458 output transistors, as used in the Corsairs and
later 100-watt rigs. The Delta has similar styling to the Argosy. It always
reminded me of a big brother to the Argosy -- more power and a few more
features.

73, Winston K4CWQ