[TenTec] [Q] Pegasus owners figure how to zero beat?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] [Q] Pegasus owners figure how to zero beat?
From: pinskeep@iglou.com (Peter V. Inskeep)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:16:06 -0400
Kenneth Hopper wrote:

> Dear Pegasus owners. Has anyone figured out how to SPOT (zero beat) a
> CW station for a QSO?  I wonder how it works on an OMNI VI+ ?

Ken,
Wish I had a Pegasus so I could help you with that.

Zero Beat on the Omni VI+ is accomplished by pressing the "cw" button, to
the left of the main tuning dial, while tuning the station.  On pressing
the button the Ten-Tec's cw tone can be heard along with the cw from the
sending station.  When close to zero beat the background tone of the
Ten-Tec nears the tone from the sending station such that one can hear
the flutter as the two signals beat against each other.  At zero beat the
flutter disappears and one can hardly distinguish the sending station,
other than by its "pumping" any more.

Hope this helps.

Pete
NO2D