[TenTec] Add Digital Display to Argonaut 509?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Add Digital Display to Argonaut 509?
From: talbot@kmr.LL.mit.edu (George Arthur Talbot)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 17:17:34 +1200 (KST)
Tim,

At 06:36 AM 09/25/1999 -0400, you wrote:

>I would like to add an external digital readout to a Ten Tec 509. I would
>like to add something like the OHR digital display, or something similar. I
>would like to hear form anyone who has added an external readout as to the
>method used to connect, and what readout they used. The more detailed
>information about setting it up and how it works the better. Thanks in
>advance for any information..

I just put together a "FREQ-Mite" from Small wonder labs
http://www.smallwonderlabs.com and thought that it might fill your bill.

It is a counter for a rig that outputs the frequency in audio CW and has
jumper programmable offsets for the IF. Real neat, and it is only $20!

The 'FREQ-Mite' was featured in the December 1998 issue of QST magazine.

>Thanks
>Tim
>NZ8J

Now my Hallicrafters S-40B will have a 'digital readout'! Ooops, wrong
reflector.

73,

George V73GT