[TenTec] PBT position

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PBT position
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:36:41 -0400

I have an Omni-V with all stock filters and the PBT is dead center and
same sounding on usb and lsb, as I go to narrower filters like 1.8 ssb or
want to move on cw due to qrm I adjust PBT as needed. It only works this
way when everything is in alinement like bfo,pbt, and everything else
right to original specs. I belive any Ten Tec will do this if it is
alined right to factory spec. which, due to the crystals and tuning caps
involved is difficult to do. If I notice the PBT not on center I know
it's time to check alinement. I could however make do with it being off a
bit, and getting an Omni-V dead on takes a lot of work but I got it down
to a  pretty good system and only need to get in there once a year or so.

In my opinion for the options offered I couldn't beat an Omni-V and don't
plan to even look for anything else. I'm on my third tuning encoder due
to wearing them out and the rig is smooth as silk. On this last encoder
replacement I bought two of them and made up a little remote encoder in a
small box, it plugs into the 25 pin plug in the rear. If any of you have
a chance to do this, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Really makes CW a dream
being able to tune around from the desk top.

73 and good to see so many Ten Tec fans around.   -Jeff-   AA8VE

PS I tried to get on the net this past weekend but was down with a 102
temp. maybe next week.