[TenTec] Re: What is it?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: What is it?
From: Ronald Hands" <rhands@hwcn.org (Ronald Hands)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 00:07:03 -0400
   Thanks for all the responses to my query about my mystery microphone.
   It appears that it's a Model 215.  W2UX was kind enough to send a
picture and others provided descriptions.  From an unofficial TT web
site I discovered that it's a ceramic mike and originally sold for $17
to $29.50.
   Apparently they normally have a label above the switch giving the
Model 215 designation.  Mine doesn't have that, but it does have the
little red TT emblem.
   I don't get on phone much, but when I do I've been getting reports of
garbled audio, at certain times and on certain bands.   Might be the
microphone; might also be RF pickup.
   So the subliminal message I'm getting is either "fix up your ground
system" or "upgrade to a Model 705  . . . "

-- Ron  VE3SP
Hamilton, ON