[TenTec] Heil Goldline Mic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Heil Goldline Mic
From: dacalvin@us.ibm.com (dacalvin@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 09:47:09 -0500

I also use the HC-5 for all SSB work and find it works well with my voice.  I've
heard recordings of my signal, and I find it sounds "natural" will a little
tailoring toward the high side - which my voice needs.  It does require the mic
gain be run at about the 1 o'clock position, and likewise the processor, when I
use it.  I don't use VOX because, regardless of rig, it doesn't work well with
my voice, so I have always used a footswitch for SSB (better for contest QSO's
too).

     73,  Duane    AC5AA

Duane A. Calvin
Server Systems Test Engineer
Dept. 76TS   RS/6000 - SP Nodes
IBM Austin, TX      >O<     Tie: 793-3368

from Michael Melland: