[TenTec] Delta 580

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta 580
From: jonscott@texas.net (John Scott)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:23:06 -0500
I have a nice Delta that I am using for mobile operation.  It needs a tune
up.
I have the manual and am about to dive in to it.  Does anybody have any
Tips that can help with the tuneup?

Some of the problems that I have already identified:

1. The display accuracy is about 2Kc low from where the actual frequency is.
2. The tuning knob is too easy to turn and I end up changing frequency with
each bump.
3. On cold AMs the tuning is much firmer.
4. Almost zero audio when I select the sharpest filter.

The box has all the crystals etc, to cover all the bands.

Many thanks
John KK5VH
Round Rock, TX.