[TenTec] Insurance (Was: Omni Vi freq drift and poor keyer?)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Insurance (Was: Omni Vi freq drift and poor keyer?)
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:47:37 -0500

>Ummmm Insurance?
>
>Speaking of such, I have seen some ads in QST, anybody care to
comment on
>how well/poorly their insurance carrier seems to be working?

I can't comment on how good they are; I'm not a subscriber to
that insurance policy....yet.  I have never heard any bad words
about them.  That says a lot right there.  They have been
underwriting ham equipment for many years, now, and if there were
problems, I expect we would have heard about it by now.

>How about the price of an average premium?
>What are you folks paying for something like a 564/238/961 to
75' of tower?

Their premium price is based on the price of the equipment.  I
think it's $1.50 per hundred.

Go to the ARRL website and check it out.

http://www.arrl.org/field/regulations/insurance/equipment.html

Protect your ten-tec equipment!

73,
dale, kg5u