Fw: Re: [TenTec] centaur/paragon 1 combo info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: Re: [TenTec] centaur/paragon 1 combo info
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane A. Calvin)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:24:35 -0400
Meant to send this to the reflector...

--------- Forwarded message ----------

Bill,
        You should be able to place the STANDBY switch in that mode and transmit
without the amp on.  If it's not working that way, then there is a
problem.  (I had TenTec check this specifically before I bought mine to
make sure the logic was correct.)

        73,  Duane    AC5AA

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:51:45 -0700 Bill Capps <wbcapps@mindspring.com>
writes:

> hello
>       i have recently purchased a CENTUAR and i have it hooked up
> to my paragon
> 1.I use this amp mainly for 160 and 80 meter dx work. I have yet to
> use it
> on any of the other bands.
>       i have a problem, that i cant fiqure out.  I am unable to
> key my paragon
> (i'm cw only), without first turning on the centuar, and placing it
> in the
> "standby mode".
>       i enjoy working the others bands  like 20/15/10 but it is a
> headache to
> have to crank up the amp (and listen to the blower motor) , when
> running
> 100 watts is all that is needed.
>       i have read through the owners manual several times, and
> have found no
> mention of my problem.
>       also, i really enjoy this amp and recommend it to others. it
> has really
> helped my signal alot on 80/160 dx!
>       any ideas??
>
> thanks es 73's
>
> bill capps
> af4od
> auburn, alabama
> fists #4101
>

> --

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
vacationing in Cincinnati for "Tall Stacks",
America's Steamboat Festival, 1999