[TenTec] 217 filter is sent back in 'good' health

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 217 filter is sent back in 'good' health
From: bigmack@nortexinfo.net (Robert)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 23:53:07 -0500
OK, I have the rig completely opened up now, and am looking at the board.
All connections appear to be fine at first glance... When I REMOVE the
filter from Option Filter #1 socket, and select N-1 on the front panel,
NOTHING CHANGES, the audio is just the same as if no filter had been
selected at all...

If I remove both filters, now here comes the part that has me totally
bonkers, (with BOTH filters removed)  I select N-2 and I get an immediate
drop to almost zero audio... I shut off N-2 and audio comes back.. As you
said it would... I select N-1 and (remember, BOTH sockets are empty) I get
no change in audio at all.. The guy sending CQ CQ CQ is just as loud as
when the empty N-1 filter was not selected...

So, my biggest question now is, do I remove the board (no big deal, all
connections are mapped out and numbered) or, would TT rather me ship the
whole rig back (ouch!)...