[TenTec] rig recommendations

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] rig recommendations
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 00:09:25 -0400
Scott,

First of all welcome to HF. Any model will give you fine service it is a
tough choice.
Try and decide what type of operating you will like to do, what bands you
want, what modes. You have a good price range for many good older ones or
even the new Scout.

You don't need 100 watts, filters are good the more the better, notch is
nice but not a must have, pass band tuning is nice if you like CW,  RIT
or dual VFOs are very helpful for CW, digital readouts are easier to tune
but analog is more fun.

Your in a good place to ask questions, lots of good Elmers here. I've
tried some of the other brands but their just not the same.

I know a Ham here that got an Omni-D as his first rig and has had good
luck with it. I talk to him nearly every day on it. He runs a lot of
digital modes, as well as ssb and cw. It really takes a work out and runs
great.  I don't think Ten*Tecs ever really age if their run right.

73 -Jeff- aa8ve     Ten*Tec  Over 30 years in a very tough market!