[TenTec] Replies for Omni VI+ Service

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Replies for Omni VI+ Service
From: pito@nera.no (Piotr Tomczak)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:47:02 +0100
Hei
I do have external VFO with TR7 and it works fine,
The counter in TR7 is very fast no problem to read the
freq correct. Of course the TR7 has only semi QSK...
Now I can use it as a freq counter as well, since it has a
external input line...

Piotr LA9HFA

At 05:03 PM 10/20/99 EDT, you wrote:

>Hmmm, I don't have a separate VFO for the TR7, so I wouldn't know.  Besides,
>the rig only runs semi-QSK.  I would guess that you would just have to
>concentrate on something other than the display whilst sending. ;-)
>
>73, Jim
>NØOCT
>
>In a message dated 20-Oct-99 16:00:58 Central Daylight Time,
>SteveBaron@starlinx.com writes:
>

>>  Is't there a problem though ?
>>
>>  Working split and keying at a decent speed would require the counter to
>make
>>  a measurement prett fast - or maybe simply not measure while sending.
>>
>>  Lets see - if I was on the XMIT frequency for 0.1 seconds, what kind of
>>  frequency read out resolution would I have ?
>
>--

   \\\@///
     ·    ·
Piotr Tomczak           Ham call: la9hfa
Nera ASA                  Tel: +47 6724 3135    Fax: +47 6724 4445
1361 Billingstad         E-mail job:        pito@satcom.nera.no
Norway                      E-mail home:    la9hfa@qsl.net