[TenTec] Transverter questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Transverter questions
From: caitlyn@netferrets.net (Caitlyn Martin)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 15:02:22 -0400
Hi, everyone,

Since there is no Ten Tec 526 yet, and since I'd really like to do an all
American-made (or even all Ten Tec) station, I'll admit I've thought about
buying Ten Tec transverters.  The problem I have is this:  isn't the input
limited to 5 watts.  If I accidentally leave my Argosy in the high power
position, won't I blow it up?  I'm enough of a space cadet sometimes to not
want to set up a situation where an innocent moment of forgetfulness (which
I am *very* capable of) takes me off 6 meters, or any other band.

Regards,
Caity
(who will likely use a separate, Japanese, 6 meter rig)