[TenTec] Audio AGC (was Omni D during contest.)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Audio AGC (was Omni D during contest.)
From: darwin@together.net (K & H Darwin)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:10:16 -0500
I didn't like the AGC action in my first several TT rigs.  But after
getting used to it, I find it does have some definite advantages.  I'm
especially fond of the way the audio filters affect the ACG.

Still, I miss the AGC action of my old Drake R-4C, especially the fast AGC
for working those fluttery signals over the north pole.

Also, I find the audio filters in the Omni D are much better than the
variable filter that was in my Corsair II.

Keith Darwin
KD1E
Ferrisburg, VT

<tentec@contesting.com>